Monday, January 25, 2010

A Fresh Start

I started my job last week. As cheesy as it sounds, I'm so happy to have realized one of my dreams. Something that I have wanted to do for a long long time I can say that I'm there. Livin' the dream! And do you know what? I love it! Through all the torture that was cosmetology school - the wackos, the poor grammar, the relentless days of working on a mannequin - it was all worth it the first time someone put money in my hand and thanked me for how special I had made them feel.

That's my mission now. To serve others through making them feel beautiful. I truly want my clients to know that when they sit in my chair, I am totally invested in their well-being. In fact, I want to come up with a slogan, or mission statement, or set of values and have it framed and displayed at my station.

I know I want the words "serving" and "beautiful" but I need it to roll off the tongue better. Any ideas?

2 comments:

haytater said...

serving you beauty on a silver platter. no. don't use that.

amywopsle said...

Lol, good try Hay!